315 CDL Lighting
Boulderlamp, Inc., (BLI) is a Colorado company. The company was founded in April 2009. BLI develops, manufactures, and markets a wide range of energy-efficient lighting products for commercial, residential, therapeutic and indoor plant grow horticultural applications.
Our “Total System Approach” integrates the best available ceramic discharge lamp (CDL) and light emitting diodes (LEDs) with electronic gear, light fixture, and optics into each product. We are committed to providing you with the most efficient, reliable, and affordable luminaires.
315W CDL Agro is made by Philips Lighting, belongs to the ceramic discharge lamp (CMH) family, also known as CDM and LEC. The 2011 Progress Report by Illuminating Engineering Society of America (IES) stated as follows: “Philips Lighting introduces MasterColor CDM Elite Agro 315-W T12 metal halide lamps for horticulture market. These lamps reported to support excellent Photosynthetic Photon Flux or PPF with a value of 1.9 micromole per second which is comparable to 600W high-pressure sodium.” Boulderlamp, Inc (BLI) integrates the Philips 315W agro lamp with electronic gear, light fixture, and optics into each product providing the most efficient and reliable grow light.
4 feet x 32 feet grow beds. Each grow bed used to be operated by 8 x 1000W HPS grow lights. These were replaced by 24 x 315W CDL grow lights. Result: 19 pounds vs. 11 pounds per bed – A 72.7% increased in yield. THC contents also increased by 5%.
Payback: One grow cycle (three months).
Licensed Commercial Grower, Boulder, Colorado.
4 feet x 8 feet grow beds. Each grow bed used to be operated by 2 x 1000W HPS grow lights. These were replaced by 5 x 315W CDL grow lights. Result: 4.2 pounds vs. 2.6 pounds per bed – A 61.5% increased in yield while saving approximately 27% energy.
Payback: One grow cycle (three months).
Vertical Grow Licensed Commercial Grower, Denver, Colorado.
14 feet tall 12 vertical tower in a 600 square feet room. Each used to be operated by 5 x 1000W HPS grow lights, a total of 60 x 1000 HPS. Each tower was replaced by 10 x 315W CDL grow light module, a total of 120 x 315W CDL agro.
Result: 96 pounds vs. 78 pounds per bed – A 23% increased in yield while saving approximately 46% energy
315 CDL Slimline
Summary Specifications for:
208-277VAC 315W CDL (ceramic discharge lamp) Agro Growlight luminaire. Catalog # BLI/CDL/AGRO/315W/208-277VAC
1. Frame: Powder coated metal
2. Lamp socket: UL listed ceramic, 5kV pulse rated
3. Reflector: 97% efficiency point source open reflector
4. Dimension: 22in (L) x 17in (W) x 10in (H)
5. Typical coverage area: 2.8ft x 3.4ft (from 1ft above objects)
6. Approximate weight: 9.5 pounds
1. Powder coated aluminum
2. 4in (H) x 7in (L) x 5in (W)
3. UL/ETL listed, suitable for damp locations
1. Open fixture rated 315W Philips Agro ceramic discharge lamp
2. Average lamp life: 20,000 hours
3. Luminous efficacy: 105 lumen/watt
4. Photosynthetic Photon Flux (PPF): 1.95
5. Lumen maintenance: 90%
6. Color rendering index: 92 Ra8
7. Color temperature: 3,100 Kelvin
8. Operating position:
Universal Electronic Ballast
1. Line voltage: 208-277VAC, 50/60 Hz.
2. Lamp waveform: 150 Hz ± 5 Hz square wave
3. Ballast factor @ nominal lamp voltage: 1
4. Nominal input AC current: 1.6A @ 208V, 1.4A @ 240V, and 1.2A @ 277V
5. Nominal input power: 335W +5W
6. Ballast loss @ 100V lamp voltage ~ 20W
7. Power conversion efficiency > 93%
8. Line inrush current limiting: Yes
9. Power factor > 0.95
10. Total harmonic distortion < 20 %
11. EMI – Meets FCC non-consumer limits
12. Soft, progressively growing ignition
13. Repetitive ignition intervals ~ 10 Seconds
14. Nominal ignition peak pulse height: 3.2 kV
15. Lamp fault and rectification protection: Yes
16. Line transients and circuit protections: Yes
17. Under and over voltage protections – Yes
18. Input fusing – Yes, 3A
19. Dimming – Yes (optional)
20. Minimum starting temperature: (-) 30°C
21. Thermal cutoff – 85°C inside ballast case
22. Weight ~ 1.8 kg (4 lb)
(SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE)
Summary Specifications for 208-277VAC 315W CDL (ceramic discharge lamp) Agro Growlight luminaire. Catalog # BLI/CDL/AGRO/315W/208-277VAC
US patents 6,359,395 B1; 7,199,528, B2; 7,379,291; and, US 7,541,791 B2. US publication numbers 2007/0217235 A1 and 2009/0230870 A1